operations n : financial transactions at a brokerage; having to do with the execution of trades and keeping customer records [syn: trading operations]
- plural of operation
Operation may refer to:
- Scientific Operation.
- Surgery operation.
- An operation or operator in mathematics. See unary operation, binary operation, arity.
- In language, an operation is a word which represents a function (or instruction) rather than a term, or a name.
- In computer science, an operation is called an instruction.
- Military operation, a military action (usually in a military campaign) using deployed forces.
- Covert operation, a military or political action that is both clandestine and denied by the government undertaking the action.
- Sting operation, an operation designed to catch a person committing a crime by means of deception.
- Business operations, manufacturing operations, operations management.
- Operations Support Systems used in the telecommunications industry
- Operation of law, a legal term that indicates that a right or liability has been created for a part.
- Anomalous operation, in parapsychology, a term describing a broad category of purported paranormal effects.
- Musical operations such as transposition, inversion, multiplication, permutation, counterpoint.
- Operation (game), a battery-operated game of physical skill.
operations in Catalan: Operació
operations in Danish: Operation
operations in German: Operation
operations in Spanish: Operación
operations in Esperanto: Operacio
operations in French: Opération
operations in Galician: Operación
operations in Italian: Operazione
operations in Lithuanian: Operacija
operations in Japanese: オペレーション
operations in Dutch: Operatie
operations in Polish: Operacja
operations in Russian: Операция
operations in Simple English: Operation (disambiguation)
operations in Slovak: Operácia
operations in Slovenian: Operacija
operations in Finnish: Operaatio
operations in Swedish: Operation
operations in Urdu: عالجہ
operations in Chinese: 运算